Stephanie ‘Steph’ Mitman is the owner of Joyful Earth Reiki. Joyful Earth Reiki encourages happiness and the well-being of people, plants, animals and Mother Earth. By sharing Reiki healing methods to balance physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energies, Joyful Earth Reiki aims to revitalize each being for the highest good.
Steph is a Traditional Usui Shiki Ryoho and Komyo Reiki Master, accredited as a Shihan/teacher. Although her official training began with her Basic Course Level I attunements, Steph continues to practice self-healing, further her education and honor the spiritual energy of life daily.
I came to Reiki late in life after teaching and an extensive corporate career. During later years in the business world, I was looking for a way to be more creative and helpful to living beings – to use more of my heart in daily life. After feeling the amazing effects of a Reiki session myself, I began researching teachers and Reiki styles.
Since USUI Sensei (USUI Mikao – Founder of USUI Reiki Ryoho) was given the healing gift and developed the methodology to pass it on, initiation into Reiki is provided through Reiju, or attunements, done by Masters. This boosts an individual’s inherent energy ability and allows them to channel Reiki energy.
Although Traditional Western classes sometimes focus on the physical healing aspect, Reiki works on a spiritual level for both mind and body. The practitioner’s own energies will be changed on all levels (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) as they follow self-healing techniques and their own Reiki journey. So, finding a Reiki Master and style which reflects one’s philosophy of life is an important first step for individuals who wish to become practitioners.
I decided I best related to Traditional Reiki – a style based on simplicity. I was honored that Amy Rowland (Traditional Reiki) accepted me as a student and became my Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master. Later, I continued my studies by being accepted as a student by INAMOTO Hyakuten for Komyo Reiki – another style based on simplicity.
Over the last 7 years, through study with Amy, INAMOTO Sensei (Komyo Reiki) and Kathleen Prasad (Animal Reiki Source), as well as privately practicing with family and friends, I have grown in appreciation of Reiki healing. My life-long love of animals (wild and people-socialized) has been enhanced with the ability to use Reiki with their guidance to help them.
I now humbly seek to continue this path by sharing Reiki with others and learning from each relationship.
For additional information, see Steph’s Lineage.
Steph’s official training includes the following :
- April 10 2010 – Usui Shiki Ryoho – Basic Course (Level I) ‘Reiki Method of Natural Healing’ – Amy Z. Rowland (Traditional Western Reiki)
- May 15, 2010 – Usui Shiki Ryoho -’Reiki Prinicples’ – Amy Z. Rowland
- June 13, 2010 – Usui Shiki Ryoho -’Reiki and Intuition’ – Amy Z. Rowland
- July 18, 2010 – Usui Shiki Ryoho – Advanced Course (Level II) ‘Reiki Method of Natural Healing’ – Amy Z. Rowland
- June 26, 2011 – Usui Shiki Ryoho Master – Amy Z. Rowland
- August 8, 2013 – Komyo Reiki Shinpiden – Hyakuten Inamoto
- October 10, 2014 – Komyo Reiki Shinpiden – Hyakuten Inamoto
- August 8, 2015 – Komyo Reiki Shinpiden – Hyakuten Inamoto
- June 7, 2016 – Animal Reiki Workshop: Core Curriculum – Kathleen Prasad
- January 8, 2017 – Introduction to Animal Communications: How to Listen with Your Heart – Jackie Rettberg (Animal Talk with Jackie)